Free Tips from a Reliable Moving Service Company
Planning and organizing your move takes time, and if you are doing your own packing, make sure you give yourself plenty of time. Proper planning and packing will save you money, time, and a lot of hair pulling! Having an experienced and reliable moving service company like Easy Move will also ensure a stress and hassle free move as well.
Here is how to get started:
- Decide which items you will take with you and which you will leave behind. There may be items that aren’t worth moving or that you don’t need anymore.
- Collect packing supplies in advance. Make sure you have enough moving supplies. Start collecting boxes from friends, from your place of work, or from stores. You can also buy what you need if you cannot borrow it.
- Start packing non-essential items. If you are moving in the summer, pack all your heavy blankets, winter clothes, and sports equipment.
- Label boxes. While you are packing your belongings, be sure to label boxes with contents, in which room should they go and note any special instructions such as “open first” or “fragile”.
- Make an inventory list. It will help you conveniently check whether all your belongings have arrived at your new home.
- Label all boxes with stickers that instruct your moving service company on how to handle them.
- Pack safely. Clothes, pillows, linens, and towels can be used to keep fragile items safe. Be sure to properly wrap all fragile items such as dishes, picture frames, and vases in several layers of bubble wrap. It is inexpensive and will prevent your items from bumping against one another.
- Use protective padding to wrap all scratchable furniture. Coffee tables, headboards, table tops, etc. can all suffer from scratches during the move.
- To prevent injury to yourself, your friends, family, or the movers, keep the weight of the boxes at a minimum. Make sure that your boxes are not too bulky and heavy to manage. The ideal weight of a box is 40 pounds or less and should be no more than 50 pounds. If there are any overweight boxes, be sure to mark them properly so that no one gets injured while moving the boxes.
If you have any questions about your move or would like to benefit from the services of a qualified moving service company in Dayton, OH, be sure to contact our team at (937) 240-0662!